hat is happening?
- Underground works such as drainage, foundations, utilities etc. beneath the car park are complete.
- All but one of the concrete columns in the car park area are ready to be poured.
- The car park area has been flattened.
- New walkway has been prepared as a temporary front entrance to the masjid.
- We still await dates from Thames Water for required works on the main road.
What will the impact be?
- The Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) entrance will be in constant use.
- A new temporary entrance will be in use at the front of the building for the next 4-5 weeks. The existing main entrance will not be accessible over this period.
Instructions for IANL users
- Please use the new main temporary entrance to the masjid as the old main entrance will be cordoned off.
- Please do not block the entrance to the Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) site by parking there, as the workers will be using this frequently.
- Please keep out of the hoarded areas and supervise children at all times.
What’s happening in the coming Month
- The existing front entrance, steps and ramp will be demolished.
- New foundations will be prepared in that area.
- Arrangements will be made to hand back the masjid for temporary use during Ramadan.
- We are planning to have use of the car park during Ramadan for additional (outside) prayer spaces, potentially with a temporary cover.
- Post Ramadan access arrangements are being discussed with the builder.
Help us get ready for Phase 3
We urgently need to raise funds so that we can start Phase 3 without delay. This phase will involve building the structure to Roof Level and is aimed to start after Ramadan.
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Whoever builds a mosque, desiring thereby Allah’s pleasure, Allah builds for him the like of it in paradise.” [Bukhari]
Your donation will help extend the Masjid and build the facilities we need for the next generation.