About the Mosque

Serving the Community for over 40 years

Established in 1977

The Islamic Association of North London (IANL) was registered as a charity in 1977. Its activities, particularly those around faith, began long before its formal registration and the development of its current centre near Tally Ho Corner, North Finchley.

The objects of the Charity are

  • The advancement of religion in accordance with the tenets, philosophy, ideology and traditions of Islam
  • The advancement of education of Muslim children in accordance with the tenets and teachings of Islam
  • The relief of such members of the Muslim community who are poor and in distress

A Vibrant Community

Barnet is a vibrant community with a Muslim population of 20,000 which is around 6% of the all the religious groups in Barnet (Christians and Jews are 150,000 and 47,000 respectively). These three faith groups represent circa 70% of all the religious groups in the London Borough of Barnet. The remaining 30% comprises other religions.

The vast majority of the Muslims are from over 65 different countries from Asia (including the Middle-East), Africa, Europe and South America. This makes the congregation in Finchley Mosque very diverse and unique compared to other Islamic and other faith institutions within the UK.

The Facilities

The Finchley Mosque provides the following facilities:

  • Five daily prayers
  • Friday prayers
  • Children’s Islamic Education
  • Children and Adult Qur’an classes
  • Youth activities including keep-fit classes, table tennis etc.
  • Hadith classes (Learning from the life and teachings of Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him).
  • Facilities for Marriage and other ceremonies.

The centre can accommodate 650 worshippers at any one time. In addition to the daily prayers which are well attended, the centre is very popular during Fridays, the two Eid festivals and Ramadan, the month of fasting. Because of its popularity and the growing local population we have to hold 2 congregational prayers on Fridays and 5 congregational prayers on the respective Eid days to accommodate the worshippers.

We are an open place of worship. For further information on any aspect of our service you may contact us by post or email.

Privacy Preference Center

Analytics

We use Analytics cookies to understand how our website is used and help improve it

_gat_gtag_UA_1816820_1, _gid, _ga

Session

Creates a unique session for your device, allowing a platform for login. No personal or device information is collected or stored.

If you login, you will be given access to parts of the site for registered members.

This cookie lasts for 6 months so you’ve all the time you need.

Allows us to perform layout testing, so you only receive one version per device to avoid confusion when you view the same page on the same device

PHPSESSID