What is happening?
- The electricity consumer unit has now been moved and we are awaiting a certificate to be provided
- Foundation work next to main entrance has begun
- Steels have been received for the columns and are being prepared
- Thames Water have approved works on the main road. We await dates
- Foundation works in the car park have been completed
What will the impact be?
- The Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) entrance will be in constant use
- Shoe rack spaces are reduced in the basement
- Some of the basement continues to be boarded off, thereby reducing capacity
Instructions for IANL users
- Please do not block the entrance to the Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) site by parking there, as the workers will be using this frequently
- Please keep out of the hoarded areas and supervise children at all times
What’s happening in the next fortnight or so
- The manholes are set to be finished
- The underground attenuation tanks will be installed and covered
- Options for a temporary entrance while the main entrance is demolished will be presented by the contractor
- We are planning to have use of the car park during Ramadan for additional (outside) prayer spaces
Help us get ready for Phase 3
We urgently need to raise funds so that we can start Phase 3 without delay. This phase will involve building the structure to Roof Level and is aimed to start after Ramadan.
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Whoever builds a mosque, desiring thereby Allah’s pleasure, Allah builds for him the like of it in paradise.” [Bukhari]
Your donation will help extend the Masjid and build the facilities we need for the next generation.