Maulana Oussama Sahmaoui is our Lead Imam.
Role & Responsibilities
- Advise, educate and admonish the congregation and the Muslim local community (adults and children) on issues relating to belief, worship and all religious matters.
- Arrange, coordinate and participate in religious functions and activities.
- Provide leadership and community support services
- Completed Hafiz, Qari and Alimiyah courses in The Institute of Islamic Education (Dewsbury Madrasah 1996-2004) & The College of Knowledge and Guidance (Blackburn Dar-ul-Ulum 2003-2005)
- Completed a Master Degree in Islamic Studies at The Markfield Institute of Higher Education 2006-2007 (validated by Loughborough University)
Leading 5 daily prayers, Taraweeh, Jumua and Eid Khutba/Prayers
Lectures and Halaqas
Teaching children (week-end Madrasah: Safar Academy)
Marriage, Divorce, Family disputes, Bereavement
Dealing with fatawa and religious questions
Attending forums and meetings with other Imams from London and the U.K to discuss matters effecting the Muslim communities in the U.K
Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals (this service will begin soon)
Prison chaplaincy (I am currently working to get the clearance for this)
Contact the Imam