Here is the latest update on the progress of the Masjid Extension
24 November 2023
What is happening?
- The foundations to the front of the building (the area in front of the current basement double doors) are expected to complete by next week
- Set up of the Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) site including perimeter hoarding, blocking of gates is underway
- We are currently one week ahead of schedule
What will the impact be?
- The Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) entrance will be in constant use
- Shoe rack spaces are likely to be reduced in the basement
Instructions for IANL users
- Please do not block the entrance to the Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) site by parking there, as the workers will be using this frequently.
- Please keep out of the hoarded areas and supervise children at all times.
What’s happening next?
- There will be a tent setup on the Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) site to allow for a contractor working space
- Initial investigative works to commence for the foundation and a supporting column for the extension inside IANL - this will be the first works inside the building and the first that requires an outside wall to be cut into
- Break through the boundary wall onto the Taylor Wimpey site
- Padstone by main gate to go in once the area is cleared
- The electric consumer unit will be moved to the shoe rack area in the basement
- Underground attenuation tanks and manholes to be installed (these will take 2 weeks)
Support the Masjid Extension
Your support is needed to help complete the Masjid Extension and build the facilities we need for the next generation.