We are pleased to announce that the first phase of the IANL Extension has started.
What is happening?
- Work begins on phase 1 of the IANL extension this week inshAllah.
- Phase 1 covers underground works and foundations for the extension.
- The initial activities will be on site preparation and hoarding of the entire car park and part of the basement.
- Starts Monday 2 October 2023 at 8am
- Phase 1 scheduled to last 17 weeks
What will the impact be?
- The masjid will be open as usual for all salawaat
- There will be a significantly reduced capacity for jummah (no outside space for brothers)
- There will be no spaces for car parking on site
- Access to ladies’ prayer hall via the front entrance will be via the basement (not available at jummah)
- It could be noisy until around 5pm weekdays
- Arrangements have been made for quiet periods at jummah
Instructions for IANL users
- Entrance to the masjid will be from the right hand gate only
- Rosemont entrance remains unaffected
- Please park elsewhere if you normally park in the car park
- Please attend later jummahs if you can as space will be constrained
- Sisters entrance for jummah will be from Rosemont Avenue only
- Please keep out of the hoarded areas and supervise children at all times
What’s happening next?
- The hoarding will be a long term feature
- Demolition/ excavation will commence in a few weeks time inshaAllah