What is happening?
- The foundations to the front of the building (area in front of the current basement double doors) are ready for concrete to be poured
- he padstone by the main gate is ready for concrete to be poured
- Set-up on the Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) site has now been completed
What will the impact be?
- The Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) entrance will be in constant use
- Shoe rack spaces are likely to be reduced in the basement
Instructions for IANL users
- Please do not block the entrance to the Taylor Wimpey (Homebase) site by parking there, as the workers will be using this frequently
- Please keep out of the hoarded areas and supervise children at all times
What’s happening in the next fortnight or so
- The electric consumer unit will be moved to the shoe rack area in the basement
- Underground attenuation tanks and manholes to be installed
- Preparation will be underway for the three large columns on site
We are currently in Phase 1 of the extension works.
- Phase 1 covers foundations at the front and installing underground drainage
- Phase 2 will raise the concrete structure at the front to first floor level
- Phase 2 is due to commence shortly, in parallel with the completion of Phase 1
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 are scheduled to completed before Ramadan inshaAllah
- Phase 3, which will not commence until we have raised additional funds, will build up the structure at the front to roof level inshaAllah
Help us get ready for Phase 3
We urgently need to raise funds so that we can start Phase 3 without delay. This phase will involve building the structure to Roof Level and is aimed to start after Ramadan.
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Whoever builds a mosque, desiring thereby Allah’s pleasure, Allah builds for him the like of it in paradise.” [Bukhari]
Your donation will help extend the Masjid and build the facilities we need for the next generation.